So the March instalment of the Monthly Goals series is a bit different as the whole of this month has been a bit of a write off for the entire world due to the outbreak of the Coronavirus pandemic.
Obviously whatever your opinion on the coronavirus it is a troubling time for everyone as nearly the whole world has hit pause on daily life to try and decrease the spread of the virus. Business’s have shut down, airlines had ceased travel, people are in isolation or quarantine, countries have gone into lockdown, schools have closed and everyone has been affected in someway by all of this and normal routines and schedules have just gone completely out the window. I am now at home as work only recently shut its door due to the outbreak (its a clothing store so theres not a lot of need for it to be open) and I am using this time at home to do all the things that I always say I never have time for as now I don’t have anywhere to go to or have to be, theres no little shopping trips to do unless its for food supplies (which by the way, you should not be bulk buying as its actually quite selfish and there are people who need it more than you do and cant afford to stock up) so I am taking this time to just unwind and do all the things that I put off doing or don’t get time to do due to working and just try to find the positive in being cooped up at home.
Now obviously we are only a week away from the end of March so obviously this is not my goals for March but with everything that has been going on March’s goals have been changing every other day so now that I know I am at home for the foreseeable future I can lay out a more solid plan for April.
New At Home Goals:
- One thing I am definitely going to get into now is a set time everyday for my workouts. I have been doing a bit here and there everyday but always at different times and not to any set routine as with work my hours where different each day and sometimes I would be gone by 9am and not back until nearly 7pm or I could be in in the afternoon so now I can layout a set time and routine for every day. I have already started and Im starting to really enjoy it.
- I am going to treat Mon-Friday as “work days” so basically any work on the blog, on the work instagram, cleaning, shopping etc is all dedicated to the Mon-Fri so that I still have a form of a routine going so that I don’t fall into getting up and just spending all day watching shows or scrolling through social media. I am quite bad on my days off for getting distracted from my to do list and end up watching shows or movies and then I get to 5pm and feel silly because I haven’t done what I wanted to get done. This way I am not wasting the day and being productive each day.
- Tying into that last point I am not going to watch shows or movies during the day. I am going to try and stay away from social media and the “play” button and switch to reading instead. I used to read a lot when I was in school but over the last few years I tend to only read books when I’m on holiday so I am going to start to get the imagination going again by reading starting with one of my favourite books “The Book Thief” by Markus Zusac. I haven’t read it in years but it is such a good book and I look forward to rediscovering it.
- I am going to give my skin a complete break from make up. I am not going to anywhere and if I am it is only to do my usual weekly shop and home again so there is no need to be doing a full face of make up for that. If I go anywhere else it will probably be a touch of concealer, a little powder, light brows and possibly mascara and thats it. Other than that I intend on going make up free everyday. I am also going to do a proper skincare routine by just cleansing my face each morning to keep it clean and continue to moisturise daily in the morning and evening to keep it moisturised as it will be more exposed now there isn’t a layer of make up on regularly.
- Lastly I am going to get organised. That annoying kitchen drawer that everyone has is going to get sorted out, the supply cupboard of cleaning bits is going to be tidied and organised, the cupboard in he kitchen that houses bottles, bags and tupperware is getting done and just basically all those annoying things that take time and effort I now have all the time to do and get sorted have no reason not to be tidied. Cleaning the oven. Thats another annoying one that I now have no excuse not to do. Im not excited about that one but I now have no excuse not to do it. I am going full Stacey Solomon on this place!
So that is my plan so far and how I plan on staying sane while isolating at home. I know it can be hard to stay away from family especially the older family members as they are more vulnerable and if you have kids I understand it can be hard to keep them entertained all day and now with a lot of people trying to play the role of teacher home schooling them and not being able to take them out anywhere except for a little walk I imagine that can be tough. So I think everyone just needs to take it day by day and try not to get sucked into the news and social media posts about it. I would encourage people to stay indoors and only go out for walks and fresh air or to get your usual food shop but I would say to not engage in social gatherings or big crowds to be on the safe side whatever your opinion is on the coronavirus. Its better to be safe than sorry.